Sunday, January 14, 2007

Church Family

I am in awe of our Church family. We go to a church that has been around since the 1978. They started out with a few people that met at the local Fire Station and now have over 2000 members. The weird thing is...it doesn't feel like a big church! Everyone is so loving and welcoming that you forget how many people there are.

My husband has a 100% commission job. This is good and bad! There are times that are fruitful and times that are not. This week is one of those"not" times. I have not done a weekly menu because there was no money to use. I had an extra $20 from my business profits that I used to buy the must haves ( bread, milk, eggs, etc). I was trying my best to stretch the food I purchased last week into next week. I was doing fine until my list got to Wednesday.

After spending $56 on heart medicine last night, my husband called our Deacon at church (who has had several heart surgeries as well) and told him the situation. Today he came to our house and delivered a gift from the church that shocked both of us! It was enough to cover 3 weeks worth of food and pay 2 of our bills. I can never thank them enough.

God will provide if you put your faith and trust in him.

No comments: