Monday, January 15, 2007

Meals for 3 weeks!!!

Well, I have had a looooooong day! I spent 5 hours planning and shopping for groceries for the next 3 weeks. This was tough! I usually only shop for 1 week, but since I had the money I decided to stockpile for the next couple of weeks. I am reminded of the Veggie Tales movie " Little Joe"!! I even have that silly song in my head! Anyway...It is wise to save up for when it is scarce. And we know what it is like when it is scarce. So, I planned, cut coupons, shopped at 2 different stores, and unloaded!!! The worst part was carrying it all into the house! What a workout! Here are the numbers:

Store #1 : Spent $78.44 (Saved $7.57 with coupons & $7.07 with In Store Specials )
Store #2 : Spent $74.94 (Saved $1.70 with coupons & $ 23.09 with In Store Specials)

Total Spent : $153.38
Total Saved : $9.27 with Coupons & $30.16 with In Store Specials

$153.38 / 3 weeks = $51.13 per week


Now you know why I am tired!! But I am so proud of myself!! I am going to bed now!

No comments: