Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Coupon Strategy

The art of couponing is being taught all over the web. Of course grocery store checkout clerks are stunned when someone purchases hundreds of dollars worth of food and only pays fifty bucks!! I have been fortunate enough to find a great group of online women that use coupon strategies to save 40% to 90% off their regular grocery bills.

I tried their strategy and this is how it went:

I gathered my grocery store fliers for the 3 local competing stores and found items I usually purchase. I looked in my coupon folder for coupons to use with the items on sale. I actually found all at 1 store and saved big time!

I purchased 6 items totaling $16.49 before coupons. With my rewards card savings and coupons I saved a total of $15.75! So, my purchase price for the 6 items... $0.56!!!! Yes, you read that right, 56 cents!! And they are all items I will use. Some are brands I usually don't buy, but at about 9 cents per item, I am willing to try them! So, percent saved on this trip to store....96%!!!!!!! I can live with that!!

I was kind of a skeptic when I was reading how these moms were saving lots of money on groceries. So, I have proven to myself that with some research it can be done! I will gather the new fliers this week and try it again on Friday! I will post my results this weekend!

No comments: