Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Steel-Cut Oatmeal

After watching the Oprah show with Dr. Oz Monday, I discovered that the oatmeal I am making isn't as healthy as I thought it was. They kept talking about "Steel-Cut Oatmeal". After much research, I have found that the steel cut is healthier than the rolled (most grocery store brands are rolled). So, no that I know this, where do I get it? I have not seen this at the grocery store, and would not know where to begin searching. I did a Google search and found lots of on line brands pop up.

If anyone can recommend a brand of Steel-Cut Oatmeal, please add a comment about it at the end of this post. Thanks!

2 comments:

Mrs. Happy Housewife said...

I eat McCann's Steel-cut Irish Oatmeal. It's delicious. There are two versions: an instant in a box and an old fashioned in a can. Each has a unique taste. I like both. I buy mine at Super Walmart. McCann's has a website.

Me said...

Thank you for the info!! I will check our Super Walmart for it this weekend. Melinda