Sunday, February 25, 2007

Upside Down Tomato Plants

Ok, ok, I know what you are thinking! Upside down tomato's ?!?!?!?

We have 2 of the most mischievous dogs when it comes to our yard and garden. They manage to dig holes everywhere we don't want them to. I found out by watching them one day that they are in search of frogs and lizards. They love to catch and eat them. I know...gross! I did not want to risk them digging up the tomato plants, and so I was searching for ways to plant then and keep them safe.

I was flipping through the channels a few weeks ago and saw a show about things to use to make your gardening simple. They featured a man who used the upside down method with tomato's and green peppers. He said they were low maintenance and easy to use. He had loads and loads of tomato's growing on them!

They are called Topsy Turvy™ Upside-down Tomato Planters . Follow the link here http://www.topsyturvys.com/10001b.html

They came in the mail Friday and I planted them Saturday. But first, I had to dig a hole for the pole we were using to hang them. Who says you can't dig a hole in a skirt?!?!?!
Then I put the pole in, put the plants in the planters, and hung them.



Other then the pole, it took about 10 minutes to put both plants in the planters and fill them. It was very easy! Digging and putting in the pole....not so easy when it's just you and a 5 year old!
Oh, the plastic folding gate you see behind the pole is to keep the dogs from digging to the neighbors house. Sad to say, they have already done it twice!!

No comments: