Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Easter!

I would like to wish everyone a happy and safe Easter holiday.

What a great time it is to give thanks to the Lord for sending his son to die for our sin.

My husband and I have been explaining to our 5 year this week that Easter is not about the bunny, or candy filled eggs. But, that it is about the death and resurrection of Jesus.

Retailers have taken advantage of a day we should be celebrating Jesus's resurrection, and instead they are making money on the celebration of baskets, bunnies, and plastic eggs.

For Easter I purchased a small treasure chest like box. I placed a bag of M&M's, a Veggie Tales movie (keeping with the theme of God), and a book on the story of Jesus / Easter. When I handed it to my son, he thought he was just getting the chest. He was so happy. When he opened it he was happy with everything he received. We then read the book to him and watched the movie.

It is our job as parents to teach our children about God and Jesus. And Easter is a great time to teach!

God Bless

No comments: