Sunday, August 5, 2007

American Heart Association Heart Walk

For the last 3 years my husband and I have participated in the AHA Heart Walk. For those that do not know about my husband, he has had a stroke, two open heart surgeries, and a pacemaker/defibrillator surgery. He was sick for 4 years out of our 7 years of marriage! For our story click here.

I know what it is like to feel helpless and alone. Thanks to the American Heart Association, I was able to get the information needed to help me learn about and handle our new lives. That is why I support this cause with all of my heart.

I have set a personal goal to raise $300 for the American Heart Association.

What I would like to do is find 60 people willing to donate at least $5 to the AHA.

Please, step out against heart disease and stroke by supporting my efforts. Your donation helps keep the information on the web, television, and the community. It was there when I needed it. Now help keep it there when you or someone you know needs it.

You can help me reach my goal by making a donation. If you would like to make a donation of $25 or more you can click here for my AHA donation page.

If you prefer to donate less please do. No donation is too small. If you would like to send a donation of $1 to $24 please send a check or Postal Money Order made out to 'The American Heart Association' and send it in the mail. I will update the AHA site when I receive it. Please comment on this post, and I will send you my mailing address.

All Donations must be received by September 4th, 2007.

Your donation will help fight our nation’s No. 1 and No. 3 killers—heart disease and stroke. You can make a difference.

God Bless,
Melinda

No comments: